Game # 1 Water Gun Shoot
- Set up plastic or paper cups in a pyramid formation. (3 on bottom, then 2, then 1)
- Divide kids into two teams and give each team a water gun
- At go kids shoot water at cups trying to knock them down
- First team to knock cups down WINS!
Game # 2 There's a Hole in my Bucket
- Get a bucket and put about 10 holes in the bottom
- Arrange kids in a straight line
- Fill bucket with water
- Each kid takes a turn passing the bucket over their head
- The team that can pass the bucket down the line and back first WINS!
- Bonus points if their is still water left in the bucket.
Game # 3 Jelly Bean Spitting contest
- This is kind of obvious. Each kid get a jelly bean.
- Kids take turn spitting jelly beans.
- Person who spits theirs the farthest WINS
Game # 4 Drip, Drip, Drench
This game is just like duck, duck, goose but BETTER!
- Have kids sit in a circle.
- Choose one kid to be "IT."
- "It" fills a cup with water.
- As "It" goes around the circle he drops little drops of water on each person. Saying drip as he does it.
- When "It"come to the person they choose, "It" pours the entire cup of water and says DRENCH.
- Drench has to chase "It" around the circle trying to tag them before they get back to their spot.
- Drench now becomes "It."
Game # 5 Dodge Ball with Sponges
- Play dodge ball with small wet sponges.
- Kids get wet and don't get hurt even if hit in the face.
I hope this helps some of you out there avoid the dreaded summer "I'M BORED!" My kids love these games and have spend MANY hours playing. These are also good for boy scouts on a hot summer day. Let me know if you have any other good summer or water games to share. We are always looking for new great ideas.