My Crew

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Twilight Series

This weekend I started to read the Twilight Book Series by Stephenie Meyer. I was a little skeptical at first. I had heard of the movie and seen people talking about the books on facebook but I thought "What was the big deal?" It looked like some silly teeny-bopper series that I was too old to read. I am a married mother of three. What do I care about a silly high school vampire romance story.


That all changed last week while I was watching my boys at baseball practice. The mother off one of their teammates was reading one of the books. I watched her in amazement thinking she needed to watch the boys practice like the good mother I was. She saw me watching her and said "I just can't put it down."

I told her I had heard a lot about the books and it noticed a lot of people were "obsessed" with them, but I didn't know what the big deal was. She told me she thought the same thing. Her sister-in-law had been trying to get her to read the books for over a year and she finally gave in.



Well I wondered into the bookstore last Friday, wandering around trying to fine the book. When I asked for help, I was slightly embarrassed as we headed to the Teen section. But I bought the book and went home.

I was sucked in from page one. I had finished the book with in 48 hours, thirsty for the next one. I had to wait till Monday, but I was at the bookstore when they opened. I even took a test on facebook to find out which Twilight character I was most like. (Bella Swan in case you are wondering.)


If you haven't read the series I would highly recommend it. It has a great storyline and wonderful characters. Happy Reading! I havn't watched the movie based on the first book, but I heard its GREAT!















2 comments:

Mathea said...

I have read up to the 3rd book and Breaking Dawn is now on hold at the library. They are great!
nickannycreations.blogspot.com

Rebekah said...

I have read the whole series and thinking about reading it again! They are so good!!

Stopping by from SITS, have a great Friday!

rebekahtosh.blogspot.com