My Crew

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

5, 6, and 8 FOREVER!

My kids are growing up. How do I STOP that? The past couple school days I went on my kids school field trips. Thursday I went to the Riverbanks Zoo with Kent and Rachel's classes. We had so much fun looking at all the animals. We fed the giraffes and birds, laughed at the elephants taking a bath, and ran around like the monkeys! We had a great day and took nice longs naps on the way home. (Well the kids did. I had to drive.)











Friday we traveled to McLeod Farms. Its a local farm famous for its strawberries and peaches! Kent and Rachel got to pick strawberries and eat ice cream. The weather was beautiful and we had a great day.



Monday was Hunter's turn. We drove to Myrtle Beach to visit Ripley's Aquarium. We watched the sharks, played with horseshoe crabs, and pet the stingrays. It was so much fun to see how excited the kids were. Even though they were a couple years older than the kids on the zoo trip, they had just as much fun.







I wonder how many more field trips the kids are going to want me to come along. Soon they won't want me around because I'm not cool. But right now I am going to enjoy they and be glad they still want me. Glad to see their faces still light up when I walk into the classroom. Glad to still get kisses even if we have to hide from their friends! A part of me can't wait for them to grow up but a bigger part of me wants them to stay 5, 6, and 8 forever!









3 comments:

Lizzie said...

right there with ya babe. let's just force them to stay small :)

Susan said...

I am trying to figure out how to stop my kids from growing up too, but so far it hasn't worked. Glad you got to go to the zoo. My daughter went to Riverbanks Zoo this year too. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go with her. I'll get to go in a few years when my son is in 1st grade.

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

I can't wait to go strawberry picking! It's just now the season around here. Your Rachel looks like my Rachel!