My Crew

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!



Happy Earth Day to everyone out in cyber space. I just wanted to share with everyone what my family did today for Earth Day. I was sp proud of my children. They were all really excited and came up with some great ideas. The most fun we had was planting some new trees, rose buses and a little flower garden. We also planted a small vegetable garden. Each of the kids also took a bag and collected trash along our street. We got lots of trash and were able to recycle about 2/3 of it! I hope everyone takes a little time today to do their part to help the Earth. Remember everyday is Earth Day!




My Rose Tree. I'll have to take more pics when the flowers start blooming!





This is just one of the beautiful roses on the rose bushes we planted. They smell SO good!


Every year my dad's boss gives his employees and small decorated tree for Christmas. My dad gives the tress to my children and we plant them on Earth Day. This is tree #2.


This is the kids flower garden. We recycle an old sand box to use as the border.

While picking up trash the kids also picked me some wild flowers. We planted them in the yard. I don't know if they will survive but we will try!

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

PS I heard about this great website this moring on GMA. Check it out!

www.terracycle.net

4 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like a very busy day! What a great way to spend it with your kids.

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

awesome! I"ll have to remember this ideas when the little ones are a little older!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Happy Earth day to you too. And thanks for stopping by

Days of Whine & Noses said...

Wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog!