My Crew

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

HAPPY 80th Buddy!


Yesterday Rachel and I went to visit my grandfather, Buddy, to wish him a HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY! Yes, 80th. WOW! It got me thinking about how much he has seen in his lifetime. I was talking about all the activities and toys my kids have and Buddy said they had nothing like that when he was growing up in the depression. He was born February 17, 1929. He has seen the invention of many things such as TVs and computers. He experienced the Great Depression, WW II, and saw a man walk on the moon. His first car was a 1929 "A" model Ford and loved to listen to "Amos and Andy." He served his country in the US Army. Gas was 19.9 cents. Stamps were 3 cents and a movie was 9 cents. He has seen the world but still lives in the same town he was born in. He has been married to the same woman for almost 56 years! He has 3 children, 5 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren.

My grandfather is a wonderful man who I love very much. I am so thankful my children are able to spend time with and get to know their Great-Grandfather. I want to wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and MANY MORE! I love you Buddy!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

oohhh how sweet :) happy birthday to him!! I am so glad your kids get o know their great grandparents, now that we moved closer to our i am excited to se my kids get to know my grandparents to.

by the way, like the new profile picture :)