My Crew

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School for ME!


My kids have been back in school for almost a week now. Now its my turn. Tomorrow will be my first day back to school in 8 years. I am going back to college to finish my degree. (And I am scared to death) I didn't think I was going to be this nervous, but I am. A lot has changed since I was last in school. The biggest thing to change is ME! I am now MARRIED and a MOTHER of THREE. Most of my classmates will be hurrying out of class to get a quick nap before the nights frat party. I will be hurrying home so I can get the laundry and dishes done before the kids get off the bus. I also have to find time to do my homework after I help my kids with theirs. What was I thinking? Why am I doing this?


Why because I want to prove to my kids (and myself) that I can. I want to show my kids that they can do anything if they put their minds to it. I also want to be able to take care of my family if I ever have to. You can't support a family of 5 on a minimum wage job any more. And without a college degree that's about as good as I could do. My kids deserve better than that.


I can do this. It will be very different than most college experiences but maybe it will be better. I know what I want and I am there because I want to be. Wish me luck.


Oh I want to thanks my sister for hooking me up with new school supplies. When she heard I was going back to school she bought me a new backpack filled with notebooks, pencils, pens, highlighters and folders. Hoe cool is she? This totally made my day. THANKS SIS!


5 comments:

Angelina said...

OOhh Guess what? I have 4 kids and I went back to school lawt year- it is so much fun doing something for me!!! I cant tell you how exhilerating it is to know im doing something for myself.... You are gonna love it...and the novelty never wears off with the kids...they like mommy homeowrk time...its cool to them...GOOD LUCK!!!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Good luck!!!

I am sure you will do just fine though.

Susan said...

Congratulations on finishing up something that is so important to you! Good Luck! I'm sure you will do great.

Kelly said...

Good for you!! You are a wonderful example for your kids to follow. Good luck in the school year. Your "back to school" pic is adorable!

Hannah said...

Good luck going back to school. I'm sure you will love it and do very well. I went back to college when I was 37 and the advantage we "returning students" have is that we can concentrate on our studies (instead of a social life). So most returning students get pretty good grades. And our children are often so supportive ;-)

www.FunnyPhotosContest.com Submit CUTE or FUNNY photos and tell friends to vote for them. No entry fee.